Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle...Refuse

How do you know when something has surpassed it usefulness? When do you know when the alotted time has passed for a person, place or thing? Do you know intuitively? Through any of the "Clair-senses" (clairvoyance, claircognizance, clairsentience and clairaudience)? Milk sours, curdles and becomes rather rank. Even something as superfluous as cosmetics expire. Just as Fall cools into Winter, life's seasons change. As they should.

Sometimes I think we force the issue, insisting that things are still good. Is acknowledging an end admitting failure or some level of incompetence? I don't think so. Some people refuse to try fearing failure. Some try and try and try thinking acknowledgment of an end equals failure. It's like allowing "skinny" jeans to gather dust at the top of your closet. Or jamming oneself into said jeans one thigh at a time, bouncing up and down, lying on the bed, holding your breathe and sucking in you muffin damn near to the point of suffocation. For what? Is gaining a little weight failing? Are you a failure because you can't fit into the same jeans you wore when you were a college Freshman? Hardly. You've just outgrown them.

I would like to think that my existence is one of constant evolution. I am not who I was yesterday, last week or several years ago. Who I am becoming and even who I will be is a little daunting; it is equally exciting. I welcome change. My only apprehension is in the reluctance of certain people to steadfastly be supportive of said evolution. It's a little unsettling to think of relishing in the beauty to come without the person with whom I share life's blessings with.

Even good things become useless and expire. If there is any failure I am disquieted by it is not becoming who I was purposed to be. So when the season changes it will not be met with resistance. I refuse.

Rev Run's Words of Wisdom (twitter post 4/21/09): "Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities needed for progress!"

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment