Sunday, April 19, 2009

Passionate Nights


So, last night I was in Tulsa at the invitation of a friend. I made the hour drive to attend and "perform" at an event she'd help organize. The same nerves I got reading the invite she sent to my inbox stirred in my belly last night before the MC said my name (incorrectly). I took the stage with my notebook in my hands. I took a less spiritual approach in the words I chose to share with the audience. I chose to share a piece I've titled "My First Lady is Black" (I may post it at a later date). The audience seemed to enjoy it. Their compliments fed my ego and allayed some on my nerves *smirk*


I am diggin' who I am becoming...right before my own eyes! The more I do these types of events the more I feel Kanye and understand the meaning of G.O.O.D. music (whatever mode expression). It is so fulfilling to Get Out (Y)our Dreams! Looking forward to what is ahead!


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.---Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment