Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?


I am by no stretch of the imagination a know-it-all simply because I do not, well, know it all. I do, however, have an intense damn near involuntary thirst for discovery, uncovering, delving beneath the surface of just about anything. I love knowing. I have a strong affinity for not taking things at face value or, worse, taking another's opinion as fact. No dogma or culture belief is worth blindly following. I choose to employ a tool scarcely used, I feel, that is critical thinking.

I have a myriad of thoughts that are birthed from my very visceral reaction to ignorance. At times I think I feel too deeply on this topic. As though I am a superhero whose sole purpose is to eradicate the world of the soul killer, my nemisis, ignorance. I swoop in dressed as sexily as Wonder Woman (loved Lynda Carter when I was younger...even dressed as her one Halloween) I lock horns with this dastardly demon and battle to death replete with *BANG* *POW* *THWACK* *CLANG* *THUD* more than determined to thwart this enemy to the minds of all of mankind and its generations to come. Then, reality settles in and I realize that regardless of what I think, feel or otherwise, some people are just comfortable living, believing and thinking as they were taught to do so.

Ignorance, a pet peeve of mine right up there with smacking gum and chewing with your mouth open (lol) will never really dissipate. So then where does that leave a truth finding Scorpio like me? I suppose it leaves me to find minimal solace in the often recited words, "When you know better you do better." Perhaps G.I. Joe said it best, "Knowing is half the battle."

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment